redflag 发表于 2012-11-21 18:31:47

美国125年历史建桥公司H&H参建立交桥梁

I-95 / Route 1 Interchange

Client: Virginia Department of Transportation
The $300 million I-95/Route 1 Interchange Project in Alexandria, Virginia, includes the Hardesty & Hanover designs for the Route 1 Bridge and for two HOV ramp structures connecting to the Route 1 Bridge. The new Route 1 Bridge is a 1,671-ft long curved structure with varying width from 140 ft to 230 ft. It is a heavily skewed structure with ten lanes crossing over open water, environmental wetlands, and Washington DC’s sixteen-lane Beltway. The new design includes various superstructure types, including reinforced concrete slab spans, prestressed concrete Bulb-T beams, curved rolled steel beams and curved steel plate girders. The bridge carried many utility lines including water, drainage, telephone, lighting, and standpipe. In late 2001, Hardesty & Hanover submitted Stage 1 preliminary drawings for the bridge and the two ramp structures. Hardesty & Hanover submitted final design plans in 2003.
As part of the Bridge Concept Report, Hardesty & Hanover studied substructure and superstructure concepts in the initial phases of the bridge design. Hardesty & Hanover also studied the construction staging and maintenance of traffic schemes that were incorporated into the interchange at the conceptual level. Architectural pier concepts comprised of reinforced concrete multi-column piers with architectural treatment on square columns along I-95 traffic and also circular, reinforced concrete columns over open water and pile bents over wetlands.
Approximately 800ft of the Route 1 Bridge spans tidal wetlands, and the foundation alternatives were determined after much consideration of the variable water table to be encountered during footing construction. To minimize the number of substructure units within the wetlands region, Hardesty & Hanover developed specific span arrangements. The firm investigated costs associated with the installation of cofferdams, prefabricated footing boxes, and drilled shafts with permanent casings.
Due to the complexities of this project, required multi-staged construction includes the retrofitting and widening of the existing Route 1 Bridge; construction of temporary roadways and ramps; relocation of major utilities; and partial demolition and temporary reuse of existing piers. Additional staged construction is required for the new Route 1 Bridge to maintain normal traffic. Hardesty & Hanover developed staging concepts to mitigate the impacts on the wetlands by minimizing the use of causeways and haul roads, and by promoting construction and demolition from existing structures.

设计及施工公司背景
Hardesty & Hanover is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with 125 years of experience steeped in solving complex engineering challenges. Consulting firms, contractors and infrastructure owners count on us when innovative design and intricate engineering solutions are required. Our specialty lies in the ability to manage the entire life cycle of engineering services and support. We employ teams of superior engineers that bring a forward thinking approach using the world's latest project management, design, and support innovations. As a result, your projects are brought in on time, on budget, and are engineered to the highest standards in design, durability, safety, and aesthetic value.

redflag 发表于 2012-11-21 18:34:37

Whitestone Expressway Interchange

Client: New York State Department of Transportation Region 11
This complex interchange project adjacent to Shea Stadium is comprised of 23,000 ft of elevated viaduct on 21 structures leading to and from five major roadways - the Grand Central Parkway, Whitestone Expressway, Van Wyck Expressway, Northern Boulevard, and Astoria Boulevards.
Hardesty & Hanover, LLP was responsible for design phases I-VI including the preparation of scoping documents, evaluation of non-standard geometric conditions, in-depth inspections, Bridge Rehabilitation Project Reports, developing rehab alternatives of the 21 structures, investigating replacement alternatives for the northbound Whitestone Expressway bascule bridge, conducting traffic analyses to improve the weaving condition and exit lane configuration, developing MPT plans to maintain all travel lanes during construction, conducting public information meetings with community boards, coordinating utility plans with Con-Ed, Verizon and proposed ITS works, providing assistance to the Department on Right-of-Way land acquisition maps preparation, and obtaining the required permits from US Coast Guard, US Corp. of Engineers, NYSDEC, NYCDEP, and NYCDOT OCMC.
Due to geometric constraints and high traffic volume, construction was divided into four construction contracts. Contracts 1-3 involved were the rehabilitation of the existing structures. Contract 4 consisted of the replacement of the northbound Whitestone Expressway bascule bridge with three separate high level structures carrying the Van Wyck Expressway, Astoria Boulevard, and Whitestone Expressway over the Flushing River.
The deck replacement area under Contracts 1 – 3 was 76,700 square meters (826,000 SF) including the seismic retrofit of the bearings and substructures.
The total length of the replacement structures over the Flushing River and the approach viaduct under Contract 4 was 7,000 ft.
The replacement structures consists of rolled girders to match the adjacent spans, steel curved plate girders to minimize the number of piers, and curved steel trapezoidal box girders to increase the span length over the river. High performance steel was utilized to optimize the girder sizes in order to satisfy the vertical clearance requirement over the active navigable waterway.

redflag 发表于 2012-11-21 18:37:34

Aetna Viaduct Study

Client: Connecticut Department of Transportation
For the first phase of this project, Hardesty & Hanover provided the Department with a comprehensive structurally based report which will allow the Department to make management decisions regarding the future allocation of funds relative to the maintenance and serviceability of the structure. The goal is to recommend a feasible, cost effective, and constructible solution to rehabilitate this deteriorating, heavily traveled bridge. Future roadway capacity and serviceability issues, beyond construction impacts, were not addressed in this study.
The study report identified existing deficiencies, any short term repairs required, and evaluation of long term options available to the Department. A range of options from minor rehabilitation to full replacement was evaluated in terms of cost, schedule, service life, constructability and safety. This study project includes seven different bridge structures.
The mainline of the Aetna Viaduct carries Interstate I-84 over Amtrak Railroad, parking lots and city streets in Hartford, Connecticut. Bridge No. 03160A (I-84 eastbound) consists of 44 simply supported spans and Bridge No. 03160B (I-84 westbound) consists of 42 simply supported spans. Each structure carries three lanes of mainline I-84 traffic as well as various operational lanes. This steel multi-girder structure was built in 1965 and has an overall length of approximately 3,200 feet.
Other structures included in this project include the Sigourney Street on-ramp to I-84 eastbound and the I-84 westbound off-ramp to Sigourney Street. Also, a portion of the I-84 eastbound off-ramps at Asylum Street and Capitol Avenue are included.
The Sigourney Street Bridge runs perpendicular and below the mainline of the Aetna Viaduct. This bridge structure also acts as the final support for the Sigourney Street on-ramp to I-84 eastbound and the I-84 westbound off-ramp to Sigourney Street.

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 美国125年历史建桥公司H&H参建立交桥梁